Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

My 7th 21k (Half Mary) Unilab's Run United 2





Who would've thought I'd end up running. Running is something I'd do only on soccer in high school, basketball & track & field on intramurals in grade school. I was fit then, but I believe as I keep doing this I can be better. I realize going back to my first love - sports (I'll be back to swimming again soon I hope) made me hope for a better tomorrow. I was down & out & lacking inspiration to go on through life. I didn't pursue my other passion which is being a pastry chef (maybe I'll be back again in the industry) I just wanna enjoy what's left of me in my career as an athlete.

Now after just 5 months running all over the country. Yes I've run along with Ate Erl not just in manila but in provinces as well. Running took us to Manila, Ifugao, Boracay, Vigan, Dagupan, Nueva Ecija & Cebu. In my 7th 21k I'm doing it in BGC for Unilab's Run United 2. I was glad to do it with my running buddy Ate Erl & see a few friends I've met all over. I started running with a time of 3hr's 38mins, yes I am a slow poke (I snail run & I'm still a baby runner). But as time goes I think I am growing up... yey :)

It was my fourth run at BGC so I am used to the route they had before I am glad they did a few minor changes in the routes. I was just running a bit this day as I found the weather a bit humid. As usual I had difficulty running on the first few kilometer's. At 3k I was used to my pace. I tried my best to achieve it at 8mins per kilometer but I was at 9mins hehe. I enjoyed running mainly because I saw my friends from old runs I was in and I was able to mingle with new ones along the run. I was just a happy runner (walker) at most parts of the run. And there I was again, in my favourite part of the run the bridge. I tried running it at least as I reach the top of the bridge then walk again till I had the chance to recover and run a bit. I really can't run full speed because I am always scared to get injured. I don't wanna sacrifice my next runs/travels so I ran at my comfort zone & made sure I am not holding my camera again like my previous runs. :)

All in all it was a good run not fast but just good enough for me at 3hrs 25mins and 30secs (unofficial) I am proud just to finish, get my finisher shirt, medal & celebrate with my good friend Ate Erl & Connie after the run. I devoured my comfort food pork sisig & got a treat from Ate Erl (Razon’s Halo Halo, yum yum). This is the run where I have the least photo's, but full of good memories. I improved, got wave's from friends I met all over the country, met new ones and I love my finisher shirt & medal (btw I got extra small haha another goal.. be lean & mean) wieeeeeeee till the next run. Thumbs up to all 16,000 runners who ran at Unilab's Run United 2. Our run next week will be at Panglao Sandugo 21k Run. Me & Ate Erl be gracing Bohol for our first ever run there. I'd be back in mactan airport after just a month of being there for the 1st 360 Kawasan Falls Marathon :) I love Cebu... but I'm hoping to say I love Bohol as well... Enjoy Running guys, and keep on smiling while doing your runs :)






Unilab Run United 2 Runners

Me before running it's 430am

Ate Erl, Maam Gen & Me doing 21k 

The Starting Line

Me & my partner in crime Ate Erl 

So many people running 21k

Me Running haha

Finish Line

Me & my medal :))

Resting after the race


my reward my comfort food pork sisig

Pork sisig is <3

Tired after running my 7th 21k

Time to eat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment